Rides with The Chester Fabulous Ladies are free.
The Chester Fabulous Ladies cycling club is part of Chester CTC, which is in turn part of a regional group of Chester and North Wales CTC.
CTC (Cyclist's Touring Club) is the UK’s national cyclists’ organisation.
CTC has a long and illustrious history of working for travelling, recreational and utility cycle users. Founded in 1878 as the Bicycle Touring Club and subsequently re-named the Cyclists' Touring Club,
Today CTC has around 70,000 members encompassing all ages and types of cyclists with elected representation at national and local level backed by a professional staff.
Why join CTC?Whether you’re new to cycling, ride regularly or want to get back into it, we cater for you. With over 130 years’ experience to share, we are passionate about helping more people to enjoy the benefits of cycling. As an independent charity, we are heavily reliant on voluntary donations for funding. You can help us grow and support our work by becoming a member.
- Help encourage thousands more people to cycle and keep cycling
- Give cycling a louder voice – we campaign to promote cycling
- Be part of a 70,000 strong network that looks after cyclists
- Enjoy the support and inspiration of your local cycling community
- Access our expertise to help make your neighbourhood cycle-friendly
- Choose from thousands of free, diverse local rides
- Discover new routes – we have a vast library of them
- Ride with peace of mind – you’ll be covered by £10m third party insurance and will benefit from a cycling-related support and advice
- Take advantage of cycling advice by phone, email or on the forum. There aren’t many questions about cycling that we can’t answer
- Enjoy our award-winning magazine ‘Cycle’ six times a year
Current adult subscription for 1 year is £39. There are other family and concession rates and you can join online.
You do not have to be a member of the CTC to ride with the Fabulous Ladies (or any other cycling group within the CTC) but there is an expectation and hope that after several rides you would like to join us!
(this page content mostly adapted from the CTC website, 10th September 2012)