Rides with The Chester Fabulous Ladies are free.
The Chester Fabulous Ladies cycling club is part of Chester CTC, which is in turn part of a regional group of Chester and North Wales CTC.
CTC (Cyclist's Touring Club) is the UK’s national cyclists’ organisation.
CTC has a long and illustrious history of working for travelling, recreational and utility cycle users. Founded in 1878 as the Bicycle Touring Club and subsequently re-named the Cyclists' Touring Club,
Today CTC has around 67,000 members encompassing all ages and types of cyclists with elected representation at national and local level backed by a professional staff.
Why join CTC?Whether you’re new to cycling, ride regularly or want to get back into it, we cater for you. With over 130 years’ experience to share, we are passionate about helping more people to enjoy the benefits of cycling. As an independent charity, we are heavily reliant on voluntary donations for funding. You can help us grow and support our work by becoming a member.
- £10m Third party insurance cover - Protects you on and off-road, including Sportives and Time trialling
- CTC Incident line - Legal team ready to support you in the event of an accident
- Campaigning for cycling - CTC fights for local and national cycling issues
- Supporting our cycling projects - Helping to get 1000s of people cycling every year
- Cycling News and features - Award-winning ‘Cycle’ magazine and weekly e-newsletter
- Rides and events - A warm welcome at over 600 Cycling groups and 1000s of cycle events
- Bike and cycling product advice - Reviews, features and advice from everyday cyclists
- Routes, competitions and ideas to help you get the most from your cycling
- Discounts offered by 100s of cycle and outdoor shops across the country
- Access to CTC Cycling Holidays and Tours
- Access to specially tailored cycle theft, and specific cycling travel insurance
Current adult subscription for 1 year is £41.50. You can arrange to pay monthly, which works out as less than £3.50 a month. There are other family and concession rates, and you can join online.
You do not have to be a member of the CTC to ride with the Fabulous Ladies (or any other cycling group within the CTC) but there is an expectation and hope that after several rides you would like to join us!
(this page content mostly adapted from the CTC website, 9th May 2015)